Welcome to my blog.

You will find some painted things. Some material things, but painting is in my blood. Self-taught. Go to my Etsy store and covo me if you see something in my posts that you want.

Will accept Paypal and money orders.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sharing....

Hi, 
Love seeing everyone's decorations.  I wanted to take pictures of the rest of my Snoopy collection but it was quite dreary here today.  It was snowing BIG flakes.  Didn't start laying till after sunset.  I just looked, we got some snow out there!!!!   Oh goody!!!

Wanted to share my peanut butter fudge with you.  I never made fudge till I found this recipe.  And it's quite easy too!!!!
Peanut Butter Fudge
2 Cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/3 cups peanut butter, but I use the whole 18oz. jar
1 jar (7oz) marshmallow creme

In a saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil;  boil for 3 min.  Add peanut butter and marshmallow creme, mix well.  Quickly pur into a buttered 8" square pan.  Chill until set..  Yield 3-4 dozen.  (those are little pieces) cause once you start you can't quit!!!!!

Then this was in our church newsletter.
The history of the Twelve Days of Christmas

From 1558 to 1829, Roman Catholics in England were not permitted to practice their faith openly.  Someone during that era wrote this carol as a catechism song for young Catholics.
Each element in the carol has a code word for a religious reality which the children could remember.

The partridge in a pear tree was Jesus Christ.

Two turtle doves were the Old and New Testaments.

Three French hens stood for faith, hope and love.

The four calling birds were the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

The five golden rings recalled the Torah or Law-the first five books of the Old Testament.

The six geese a-laying stood for the six days of creation.

Seven swans a-swimming represent the sevenfold gifts of the Holy Spirit:  Prophesy, Serving, Teaching, Exhortation, Contribution, Leadership and Mercy.

The eight maids a-milking are the eight beautitudes.

Nine ladies dancing were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit --Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness. Gentleness and Self-Control.

The ten lords a-leaping were the Ten Commandments.

The eleven pipers piping stood for the eleven faithful disciples.

The twelve drummers drumming symbolized the twelve points of belief in the Apostles' Creed.

This is the history of this song! Maybe we can think of the hidden meaning when we hear it this Christmas season!!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Lois

4 comments:

  1. Lois, SNOW You are one lucky lady this morning. It's cold here this morning and I excited. At least it will seem more like Christmas. Thanks for sharing the History of the Twelve Days of Christmas. I didn't know that. How neat. Hope you have a great Thursday. Enjoy that beautiful white stuff.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping to find another candy recipe to add to my Christmas treat collection and this one is perfect. Thanks for sharing. I also wish to thank your for decoding the "Twelve Days of Christmas" song. How very interesting. Happy holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post Lois and thank you for sharing the history of the Twelve Days of Christmas!
    Your peanut butter fudge recipe is similar to the one my aunt has made for years. She added a tbsp of flour to what you have. It makes it creamy and smooth! Thanks, now I'm craving some and you are so right, once you start you can't stop!!!
    Wishing you a beautiful day~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lois - I thought I knew a lot of trivia and was the keeper of unusual information - but I've never heard that about the song. Very, very, cool! Makes it so special!!! Will never hear it the same way again. Argghhh - you're HAPPY over snow??? Want some more? You can have ours! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete