Welcome to my blog.

You will find some painted things. Some material things, but painting is in my blood. Self-taught. Go to my Etsy store and covo me if you see something in my posts that you want.

Will accept Paypal and money orders.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer's Fleeting By!!!!!

Hi everyone.  Can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I last posted.  I received 3 makeover items last Sunday and wanted to get them finished up ASAP!!!!  Luckily, they weren't too hard.  Put a face on a doll.  Repainted a bunny and this pineapple!!!
This is how it came.  All one color with some gold and black showing and turning green in the crevices!!!!
Here's what I did with it.

The pineapple leaves are a dark green and I used a gold wipedown on them.  The other leaves have a black wipedown.  They're a lighter shade of green.  I sprayed just the pineapple today.  Will make it easier to wipe off the brown to show up the pineapple indents.
Sorry, took that pic with a light on, but you see the brown on the pineapple.

Want to thank the new followers I've gotten.  Thanks for following my little blog.  Not much goes on in my world.  I have no life!!!! lol

Getting ready for a 3 day craft show over Labor Day weekend.  Have sooo many projects started, just hope I can get them all done. 

Someone tell time to slow down!!!!!

Lois

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lois: Your pineapple redo is just amazing...I love it!! great job! Thanks for stopping by. ps my husband loved your ornies!
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lois, I love what you did with the pineapple. I just love pineapples as they represent hospitality. You did a great job. I too have a 3 day craft show Labor Day weekend. Will be here before I am truly ready, but do we ever really get ready? Good luck on your show. Have a great weekend.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great re-do, Lois!! The colors are perfect!! You'll have to show us your other two redos too!! Good luck getting ready for the show - and if you figure out how to slow time down, please share! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lois the pineapple redo is great! It really adds a lot to the piece! This time of year starts getting busy with the upcoming shows, I keep telling myself...focus...focus....focus!
    Blessings~
    Doris

    ReplyDelete