Welcome to my blog.

You will find some painted things. Some material things, but painting is in my blood. Self-taught. Go to my Etsy store and covo me if you see something in my posts that you want.

Will accept Paypal and money orders.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Ride/A View/A Meal

I live near Johnstown, PA and it is known as the "flood city"  They had a big one in 1889.  After that, they decided they needed an escape plan in case another flood hit and they built this incline, which is the steepest, vehicular incline, even in the Guiness Book of World Records.    This is not a history lession, just preparing for the pics.
 This is about half way up.  You can see our car parked to the right.  A dreary night, had rained before we got there.  A view of the city.
This is at the top ....almost!!!! 

There is a gift shop and a restaurant at the top.  We went there for supper.  No pics of food!!!!
While waiting, this rainbow came out.

The baseball/football field was taken on the observation deck.  I zoomed in.  The next pic is as I saw it from the top.   See it down there to the left?????


Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.  Had a great day!!!!

Lois

4 comments:

  1. Wow!
    What a ride that must have been. Enjoyed seeing these pics and learning a bit about the area too.
    Glad you had a great birthday!
    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Just....Wow... That kinda spooks me out....I'm not truly fond of high places I can fall off of... :o Very interesting slice of history though....Thanks for sharing Lois! Glad you enjoyed your b-day!! Smiles & Hugs & Wishes for another great day ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some more steep incline. Great pictures of the city and area. Thanks for sharing.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I don't like heights at ALL but your pics are great! Belated Happy Birthday Wishes to you!
    }}Hugs{{

    ReplyDelete